Physician, author, speaker, social media coach, wife, mother, and owner of her own publishing company. Many say it takes superpowers to juggle all of these talents – but my next guest, Dr. Nicole Swiner, will say she’s no superwoman! She truly is living outside the box.
In order to drum up more attention for her practice, she started writing medical advice for her town’s local newspaper. Dr. Swiner’s passions are in women and minority health, stress management, and self care. Years later, with a myriad of columns and articles, she noticed that she covered very similar themes and used this to create her first book: How to Avoid the Superwoman Complex: 12 Ways to Balance Mind, Body & Spirit. Her book focuses on the notion that trying to be “all things to all people” is a large reason why people aren’t truly happy and healthy.
Dr. Swiner did her undergraduate studies at Duke University, and obtained her medical degree from the Medical University of South Carolina. From there, she decided Family Medicine was for her, and completed her residency at the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill. Currently Dr. Swiner is practicng in Durham, North Carolina.
Things you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why even in this age of dwindling private practices – she prefers private practice to being hospital employed
- Her definition of the Superwoman Complex
- Quick tips on how to create content and become a published author
- How she learned the importance of self-promotion
- The what and why behind Swiner Publishing Company
- How she answers #imnotjustadoc
The post 015 – Don’t call her a superwoman – Dr Nicole Swiner demystifies the Superwoman Complex appeared first on DOCS OUTSIDE THE BOX.