On today’s episode I get to chop it up with the creator of the Facebook Physician Moms Group (PMG) – Dr. Hala Sabry. Frustrated and without anyone to really turn to with her questions about medicine and motherhood, Dr. Sabry created PMG in 2014 as a safe space for other physician mothers to ask questions and find support. Fast forward almost three years, PMG now finds itself as one of the largest Facebook groups with over 65,000 members.
Dr. Sabry obtained both her D.O. and M.B.A. from the New York Institute of Technology – College of Osteopathic Medicine. She currently practices Emergency Medicine in Southern California.
Things you’ll learn from this episode:
- How her father’s foreshadowing after the September 11th attacks started her path into medicine
- Her thoughts and insecurities about how her male coworkers viewed her dedication while she was pregnant
- How the feeling of sacrifice to become a doctor came back to haunt her
- How she handled negative public media scrutiny with PMG and the most recent presidential election
- How she answers #imnotjustadoc
Music: Julian Avila – Beachfront/soundcloud.com/italdredrecords
If you like this episode please subscribe for future great episodes!!
The post 026 – Dr Hala Sabry on motherhood, vulnerability, and Physician Moms Group appeared first on DOCS OUTSIDE THE BOX.