The Physician Philosopher, Dr. Jimmy Turner, returns to Docs Outside the Box, to discuss his latest book, Determined: How Burned Out Doctors Can Thrive in a Broken Medical System. Bringing his own personal insight and experience with burnout as well as a mountain of evidence-based psychological studies, Dr. Turner explains the systemic problems within the healthcare system and, most importantly, how doctors can become self-determined practicing physicians within it.
Things to expect in this episode:
- From burnout to his latest book, Determined
- Transitioning from Trading Time for Money to Working Less for Money
- The difference between burnout and moral injury, plus the thrive story on the other side
- The healthcare continuum, profit over people versus people over profit
- The answers to perfectionism and other cognitive distortions
Guest Contact Information:
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!
TELL US WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR ON FUTURE EPISODES!!!!
FILL OUT THE DOCS OUTSIDE THE BOX PODCAST SURVEY (in partnership w INCROWD)
MAKE EXTRA MONEY AS A RESIDENT OR ATTENDING – COMPLETE MEDICAL SURVEYS WITH INCROWD
WATCH THIS EPISODE ON YOUTUBE!
Join our community
Text word PODCAST to 833-230-2860
Podcasting Course: www.docswhopodcast.com
This episode is edited by:Your Podcast Pal
This episode is sponsored by
Provider Solutions & Development. Experts in holistic career coaching – check them out HERE
LinkedIN: Provider Solutions & Development