Nii welcomes to the show Dr. Ragy Girgis, co-creator of the Columbia Mass Murder Database (CMMD), the world’s largest and most comprehensive database on mass shootings. A psychiatrist and Columbia University faculty member, Dr. Girgis discusses his research findings, most notably that psychosis is not related to mass shootings and should not be blamed for them.
Things to expect in this episode:
- Dr. Girgis’s research goals & findings about the database
- The correlation between data and governmental policy
- Difference between mass murder and mass shooting
- The role that mental illness, substance abuse and impulse control play
- Media culpability in perpetuating a correlation between mass shootings and serious mental illness
Book by Dr. Ragy Girgis:
On Satan, Demons, and Psychiatry: Exploring Mental Illness in the Bible
Join our community
Text word PODCAST to 833-230-2860
This episode is edited by: Your Podcast Pal
This episode is sponsored by:
Locumstory. Learn how locum tenens helps doctors make more and have the lifestyle they deserve! Check them out HERE!
Set For Life Insurance. What the Darkos use for great disability insurance at a low cost!! Check them out at http://www.setforlifeinsurance.com