Since childhood Dr. Renée wanted to be a pediatrician. In college she narrowed it down to pediatric endocrinology. However, during her fourth in medical school, while doing rounds, she realized that Obstetrics and Gynecology was her true calling. On this episode of Docs Outside the Box Dr. Renée sits in the guest seat while Dr. Nii walks her through her journey to becoming an OB/GYN hospitalist.
Things to expect in this episode:
- The risk and reward of pivoting from Pediatrics to Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Medical school experiences, including becoming class president & SNMA
- Shadowing and rotations, plus deciding on and applying for residencies
- Renée’s perspective on whether or not men should be OB/GYNs
- Takeaways for students and residents, including The Sunken Cost Fallacy
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!
TELL US WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR ON FUTURE EPISODES!!!!
FILL OUT THE DOCS OUTSIDE THE BOX PODCAST SURVEY (in partnership w INCROWD)
MAKE EXTRA MONEY AS A RESIDENT OR ATTENDING – COMPLETE MEDICAL SURVEYS WITH INCROWD
WATCH THIS EPISODE ON YOUTUBE!
Join our community
Text word PODCAST to 833-230-2860
Podcasting Course: www.docswhopodcast.com
This episode is edited by:Your Podcast Pal
This episode is sponsored by
Locumstory. Learn how locum tenens helps doctors make more and have the lifestyle they deserve!. Check them out HERE!