Since childhood Dr. Renée wanted to be a pediatrician. In college she narrowed it down to pediatric endocrinology. However, during her fourth in medical school, while doing rounds, she realized that Obstetrics and Gynecology was her true calling. On this episode of Docs Outside the Box Dr. Renée sits in the guest seat while Dr. Nii walks her through her journey to becoming an OB/GYN hospitalist.
Things to expect in this episode:
- The risk and reward of pivoting from Pediatrics to Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Medical school experiences, including becoming class president & SNMA
- Shadowing and rotations, plus deciding on and applying for residencies
- Renée’s perspective on whether or not men should be OB/GYNs
- Takeaways for students and residents, including The Sunken Cost Fallacy
MAKE EXTRA MONEY AS A RESIDENT OR ATTENDING – COMPLETE MEDICAL SURVEYS WITH INCROWD
Join our community
Text word PODCAST to 833-230-2860
This episode is edited by:Your Podcast Pal
This episode is sponsored by
Locumstory. Learn how locum tenens helps doctors make more and have the lifestyle they deserve!. Check them out HERE!