A disillusioned third year medical student announced his official withdrawal from medical school and medicine in a post on Medium. The Ethiopian immigrant stated that he believes the current medical system is designed to harm not help people, prioritizes profits over patients and often fails to address the root cause of health issues. Drs. Nii and Renée address the student’s grievances while sharing their own perspectives and experiences.
Things to expect in this episode:
- New year, new sickness and New York City traffic
- DOTB listener, Jamar, weighs in on Dave Chappelle vs Chris Rock
- Dr. Nii makes a hefty estimated tax payment and is not happy about it
- The potential of medicine versus the reality of medicine
- Practicing within the traditional medical system in order to change things
Benaias Esayeas’s Medium post, I withdrew from medical school today
To reach the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline, dial or text 988 on your phone (calls are anonymous)
988 Suicide & Crisis Hotline website
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!
TELL US WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR ON FUTURE EPISODES!!!!
FILL OUT THE DOCS OUTSIDE THE BOX PODCAST SURVEY (in partnership w INCROWD)
MAKE EXTRA MONEY AS A RESIDENT OR ATTENDING – COMPLETE MEDICAL SURVEYS WITH INCROWD
WATCH THIS EPISODE ON YOUTUBE!
Join our community
Text word PODCAST to 833-230-2860
Podcasting Course: www.docswhopodcast.com
This episode is edited by:Your Podcast Pal
This episode is sponsored by
Set For Life Insurance. What the Darkos use for great disability insurance at a low cost!! Check them out at www.setforlifeinsurance.com